Family Law

Recovery Orders

A recovery order is defined in the Family Law Act 1975 and the Family Court can order that a child be returned to a parent of the child, a person who that child lives with or spends time with, or a person who has parental responsibility for that child. This often occurs when a child has not been returned at the conclusion of a spend time arrangement.

There are different procedures for applying for a recovery order depending on whether you have current Family Court Orders, or whether you have a case already proceeding through the Family Court system.

If your child has not been returned to your care, or cannot be located, it is imperative that you seek urgent legal advice from an experienced family lawyer to prevent any unnecessary delays. Our team of Perth Family Lawyers have experience in all aspects of recovery orders and are often able to provide urgent legal advice to you.