Family Law

Relocation Orders

There are some unavoidable circumstances which may require a parent to relocate either interstate or overseas. If you relocate without the consent of the other parent, or a binding Family Court Order, it is distinctly possible for the other parent to obtain a recovery order. If a recovery order is granted, your conduct of unilaterally relocating will be a significant factor that the Family Court will take into account in determining the best interests of the children. 

If you are considering relocating on a permanent basis, we highly recommend that you obtain sound legal advice as to whether your personal circumstances would warrant an application for relocation, and to determine your prospects in making such an application.

Relocating without abiding by this process can be highly detrimental to your parenting arrangements moving forward.